Privacy & Cookie Notice
Star Energy Group plc and its affiliated companies (the ‘Star Energy Group’)1 is committed to protecting the personal data that we receive from visitors to the company website (https://www.starenergygroupplc.com). Please read the following notice, it will help you to understand what we will do with your personal information when you make contact with us and explains some of the data privacy rights applicable under the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
The Star Energy Group plc principal place of business in the United Kingdom is:
Star Energy Group plc
Welton Gathering Centre
Barfield Lane, off Wragby Rd
Lincoln LN2 2QX
Tel: 020 7993 9899
In the case of queries relating to this privacy notice or the collection and processing of your personal data by Star Energy Group plc please contact us via email at – email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect?
If you decide to contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ page on this website then you will be asked to submit personal data (first name, surname and email address). Pursuant to and in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is that of legitimate interest, in that the personal data is collected in order to respond to your communication(s) with us and comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements.
The website host (WP Engine) do log IP addresses in order to maintain a stable and secure website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To manage cookies on popular bowsers, visit:
Microsoft Edge – Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy
Microsoft Internet Explorer – Delete and manage cookies (microsoft.com)
Google Chrome – Turn cookies on or off – Computer – Google Account Help
On this website cookies are only used to monitor the performance of the website and to improve the user experience. If you choose not to accept these cookies, some of the features of our site may not work as well as intended. Cookies used by the Star Energy Group plc website (http://www.starenergygroupplc.com) are as follows:
|Cookie type||Cookie name||Purpose||Expiration date|
|Google analytics||__utma||Statistics – This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. It it used to calculate new and returning visitor statistics.||2 Years|
|Google analytics||__utmc||Statistics – This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. Enables interoperability with the older version of Google Analytics code.||Session|
|Google analytics||__utmz||Statistics – This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour measure of site performance. This cookie identifies the source of traffic to the site.||6 months 2 Days|
|Google analytics||__utmt||Statistics – This cookie is set by Google Analytics. It is used to throttle the request rate for the service.||10 Minutes|
|Google analytics||__utmb||Statistics – This is one of the four main cookies set by the Google Analytics service which enables website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. This cookie determines new sessions.||30 Minutes|
To whom might we disclose your personal data and where does it go?
We will not share your personal data with others, except in the following circumstances:
- Star Energy Group – we may process your personal data within the Star Energy Group in order to provide tailored responses to your communication(s).
- Service Providers – we may disclose your personal data to service providers that provide us with services such as website hosting and professional services, including information technology services, regulatory services, and legal services.
- Legal Reasons – we may use or disclose your personal data as appropriate under applicable laws; to respond to requests from governmental; and regulatory authorities; to comply with court orders, litigation procedures, and other legal processes.
- Corporate Transactions – we may disclose your personal data to the new owner of the business in the case of a takeover, sale or purchase of our business.
Any third-party provider we appoint involved in processing your personal data must protect your personal data in line with UK General Data Protection Regulation.
For how long do we keep your information?
We will only hold your information for as long as necessary to deal with an enquiry raised, to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with our retention policies and in accordance with applicable laws before making it anonymous or deleting it.
Your rights, complaints and how to contact us
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have rights, including:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to request erasure – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you.
- Right of portability – this only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent.
- Right to object to processing – you have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because it is in our legitimate interests.
- Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling – in many circumstances, you have a right to prevent automated processing.
If you want to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact the Star Energy Data Protection representative via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any request for the above rights, where applicable, will be forwarded to a service provider that processes your personal data.
To exercise any of your rights we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is only disclosed to data subjects or their legal representative. You will not normally have to pay a fee to exercise any of the data protection rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
If you have queries or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond. You have a right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Further information regarding your rights can be accessed at – Your data matters | ICO.
No data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed as 100% secure, but we take appropriate steps to try to protect the security of your personal data. We have put in place security measures to aid in the protection of your personal data and enable the prevention of accidental loss, use or accessed in an unauthorised way. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and service providers who need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected or actual personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Inaccuracies and Corrections
We would like to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date. If you become aware of any errors or inaccuracies, please let us know by contacting us by email at – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to the privacy statement
We regularly review this privacy notice to ensure it is up to date and accurate. This privacy notice was last reviewed and updated in June 2023.
 Members of the Star Energy Group in the United Kingdom are;
|Companies registered in England and Wales at Welton Gathering Centre, Barfield Lane, Off Wragby Rd, Sudbrooke, Lincoln LN2 2QX:|
|Star Energy Group Ltd||Star Energy Ltd||Star Energy Weald Basin Ltd||GT Energy UK Ltd||Island Gas Ltd|
|Island Gas Operations Ltd||Island Gas (Singleton) Ltd||IGas Energy Enterprise Ltd||IGas Energy Development Ltd||IGas Energy Ltd|
|Dart Energy (East England) Ltd||Dart Energy (West England) Ltd||Greenpark Energy Transportation Ltd|
|Companies registered in Scotland at c/o Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP, 2 Semple Street, Edinburgh EH3 8BL:|
|Dart Energy (Europe) Ltd||IGas Energy Production Ltd|